Saturday, Sept. 21, 2024

Saint Mary’s to host vaccination clinics for students, faculty, staff

In response to Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb’s announcement about vaccine eligibility for all individuals 16 and older after March 31, Saint Mary’s will be hosting vaccination clinics for students, faculty and staff, co-coordinators of the COVID Response Team Mona Bowe and Shari Rodriguez announced in an email to students Thursday afternoon.

The clinics were made possible through a partnership with Meijer Pharmacy. The first clinic will be Friday, April 16, and the second will be Friday, May 7. Both clinics will use the Pfizer vaccines, the email said.

According to the email, the College will request students to complete a survey in order gain insight into their interest in getting vaccinated and then sign up through the College, not through the state’s system.

Saint Mary’s will continue to use safety protocols through the end of the semester in order to protect the student body, despite the state’s mask mandate being downgraded to an advisory on April 6.

“Our safety protocols — Check Up, Mask Up, Back Up, Wash Up — will be in effect through the remainder of the semester,” the email said. “Health officials stress that those in congregate living settings should continue to be cautious in light of the increasing prevalence of COVID-19 variants, vaccine hesitancy and vaccine availability.”