Notre Dame to set up vaccination center mid-April for University community

According to an email sent to the Notre Dame community Thursday evening from University President Fr. John Jenkins, the University will be opening a vaccination center on campus mid-April to serve students, faculty and staff. This announcement comes in light of recent news that all Indiana residents 16 and older will be eligible for the vaccine beginning March 31, including out-of-state college students.

The Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) informed the University yesterday about the possibility of opening a campus vaccine distribution center. Per IDOH, Notre Dame will be given Pfizer vaccines for every undergraduate, professional and graduate student. Students will be able to receive two doses before the semester is over.

The vaccination center will also serve faculty and staff, though they are encouraged to keep any vaccination appointments elsewhere in the local community if these are already scheduled. More details about the vaccination site will be provided soon, the email said.

“While the news of vaccine availability is extremely encouraging, it’s critically important that we as a University community continue to follow all of our campus health and safety protocols until we announce otherwise,” Jenkins said. “Having come this far, none of us wants to see a significant spike in cases, especially with campus-wide vaccination in site.”