University’s Idea Week returns, featuring primarily online events

After canceling the gathering last March, the University and its partners announced Thursday that this year’s Idea Week will take place April 28-30.

Idea Week is hosted by Notre Dame in partnership with the South Bend-Elkhart region and several local businesses and organizations.

Events celebrating entrepreneurs, innovation and new ideas will be held primarily online, with a few hybrid and in-person events that abide by Indiana and University health guidelines.

The first speakers announced include Morgan DeBaun and Alexis Ohanian. DeBaun, CEO and founder of the media company Blavity, will speak on April 28 and Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit and the venture capital firm Seven Seven Six, will speak on April 29.

Other speakers include Cory Rellas, co-founder and CEO of Drizly, Jensen Thome, CEO of This Saves Lives, Tim Connors, founder of PivotNorth Capital and Brandon Wimbush, CEO of MOGL. More featured speakers are expected to be announced in the next three weeks.

The week has garnered popularity in previous years, with nearly 18,000 attendants at Idea Week 2018, the gathering’s inaugural year, and more than 21,000 attendants in 2019.

Registration for Idea Week is now open to both Notre Dame students and local community members, and can be completed through the event’s website. Admission is free for college and grade school students and $39 for the public.