-

-

Being a kid during COVID

| Monday, April 26, 2021

Markus N.
Valentina N.

Being a kid during COVID is very hard. COVID is like the baddest germs ever! Even if there’s bad, there is still good that comes with it though. COVID has helped us spend more time with our family. Instead of going somewhere we get to play board games or watch movies with our family. We also get to spend more time with our dog. 

Even if there’s good about COVID there is also bad. We don’t get to play with as many of our friends. We also don’t get to have playdates. When we see our friends in public we have to stay six feet apart from them. 

We have a sister that is at Notre Dame and we don’t get to see her because of COVID. Today, our mom is having our baby sister and she’s at the hospital. We don’t get to see her either. Since we can’t go to the hospital, we have to wait until she comes home to meet her. We are worried about our new baby sister getting COVID. 

COVID makes us feel very bad. Even though there are good things that can come from COVID, it is still hard to be a kid during COVID. Sometimes we wish COVID would just go away.

Valentina N.

age eight

Markus N.

age six

April 23

Editor’s Note: The full names of the authors of this letter are withheld to preserve their privacy and identity as minors. 

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email [email protected]