-

-

Saint Mary’s announces 2021 valedictorians

| Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Saint Mary’s announced seniors Kelly Harris, Katie Jackson and Stefanie Winnicki will be this year’s valedictorians in an email to the campus community Tuesday.

Harris, from Bloomington-Normal, Illinois, will graduate with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with concentrations in finance and management. During her time at Saint Mary’s, Harris was a part of Belles for Life and a small group leader in Fiat — a religious fellowship group focused on devotion to Mary. She also served as a Resident Assistant for three years. After graduation, Harris plans on becoming a missionary for the Fellowship of Catholic University Students.

Jackson, from Tucson, Arizona, will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in speech language pathology with minors in gerontology and social work. While at the College, she was the president of Saint Mary’s gerontology club and the College’s chapter of the National Student Speech Language and Hearing Association, as well as co-president of BeeND, an organization which seeks to educate the tri-campus community about the ecological impact of bees. Jackson was also a researcher within the speech language pathology department. Following graduation, Jackson will attend Ithaca College to receive a master’s degree and clinical licensure in speech language pathology.

Winnicki, from New Carlisle, Indiana, will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in global studies with a concentration in anthropology, and with a minor in Mandarin Chinese from the University of Notre Dame. She also studied Spanish, Italian and Arabic at Notre Dame. During her senior year, Winnicki served as the teachinng assistant in Saint Mary’s introductory Arabic course. After graduation, Winnicki hopes to pursue a career in international service through diplomacy and education.

Saint Mary’s will host their 174th commencement ceremony in person at noon on May 22 on Le Mans Green, following COVID-19 regulations.

Tags: , , , , , ,

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report