-

-

Welcome to the Smick show

| Friday, August 20, 2021

Hello! 

We can not believe Welcome Week is finally here! After our fair share of struggles through these “unprecedented times” it feels like we finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel! Class of 2025, we can not wait to welcome you to our big family! 

College can be really intimidating. It feels like just yesterday we were wandering around Saint Mary‘s trying to find our classrooms and passions. However scary it feels, Saint Mary’s always makes sure you have people in your corner. Every challenge is only an opportunity to grow and learn something new! That being said, college is all about trying new things, so don’t be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. We are so lucky to have so so many awesome clubs, organizations and professors to help us find our path. Whether you’re into dance (highly recommended a class with Professor Kriner) or if you’re an aspiring SGA committee chair (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). Saint Mary’s has it covered. 

The best part of being a Smick is the amount of support that comes with the name. Being a Smick means so much to us and we hope it’ll mean just as much to you. No matter where you are or what you do, know you’re fully supported and have so many opportunities to succeed with the support of your fellow Smicks. We can not wait to welcome you on the Avenue and show you what being a Smick is all about! 

We are so honored and lucky to be your student leaders and to serve you all. Roll Smick, let’s have ourselves a year. 

Elly Hanson

student government association president, Saint Mary’s

senior

Adriana Salgado

student government association vice president, Saint Mary’s 

senior

Aug. 15

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email [email protected]