Office of Student Equity hosts second installation of college navigation series

The newly established Office of Student Equity, located on the second floor of the Student Center, hosted the second installation of their Navigating College” series, titled Navigating Mental Health and Physical Wellness.

The office seeks to support the diverse socioeconomic needs of the community at Saint Mary’s.

“Our office empowers students to achieve their full potential through financial, educational and social support,”  associate director of student equity Christin Kloski said in an email to students.

The Navigating College series was designed to help students and provide opportunities for involvement on and off campus. The series kicked off with its first installation Aug. 26, focusing on navigating academics by guiding students on how to read syllabi, attend office hours and navigate the world of higher education.

During Thursday’s installation, the programming focused on mental and physical wellness, discussing the importance of prioritizing mental health and physical wellbeing during the transition period from high school to college life.

The office will hold the final part of its Navigating College series Sept. 9 with a focus on involvement within the Saint Mary’s community as well as the larger South Bend community.