-

-

irish insider

C’Bo Flemister makes impact for Irish on and off the field

| Friday, November 19, 2021

Senior running back C’Bo Flemister has made a strong impact for the Irish on the field as well as off through the volunteering efforts that he is a part of.

After sitting out the majority of his freshman season, Flemister played in ten games in his sophomore season, totaling 162 yards and scoring five touchdowns. Arguably Flemister’s best game of the season that year was against Virginia, when he rushed for 27 yards, including a touchdown run, and had a 13 yard reception.

In his junior season, Flemister made an even larger impact for the Irish. His biggest game of his career came against South Florida, where he rushed for 127 yards and a rushing touchdown off of just 13 carries. Another big game for Flemister came against Boston College, where he ran the ball ten times for 53 yards and two touchdowns.

Flemister has not seen the field much in his senior season after being charged with a Class B misdemeanor for leaving the scenes of an accident in the early morning hours of April 25.

Flemister shared that his favorite memory on the field was beating Clemson last year.

“On the field my favorite memory has to be taking down Clemson at home and all the students rushing the field. That was crazy, and we already have a picture of it up in the building,” Flemister said.

Photo Courtesy of ND Athletics
Irish senior running back C’Bo Flemister carries the ball during Notre Dame’s 31-16 win over USC on Oct. 23 at Notre Dame Stadium. Flemister carried the ball for 10 yards in the game on 3 attempts.

Flemister discussed one of his favorite memories from the locker room was when all of the guys were about to go to a lift and they put on an EDM song in the locker room during the 2019 season.

“[Jamir Jones] pretended like he was DJing and somebody else was doing the lights,” Flemister said. “And when he started beat dropping everyone started going crazy.”

Flemister had the unique experience of volunteering at the Boys and Girls club over the summer.

“That was really cool to be out there with the kids and play flag football and everything,” Flemister said.

One of Flemister’s favorite activities is participating in a team event where each player goes Christmas shopping with a kid.

“We all walked around and the kids got to pick out what they wanted with the gift card. And it was really humbling because most of the kids didn’t want to get anything for themselves,” Flemister said.

Flemister went shopping with a kid two years ago, and he still texts him to this day.

“I saw him at Nick’s Patio randomly the other day, and I hadn’t seen him physically in like a year and a half,” Flemister said. “It was really cool. It was probably one of my favorite things that I have ever done.”

Flemister does not know what his current plans are for the future, but he plans to return for another year of college.

Tags: ,

About Nate Moller

Nate is a junior majoring in chemical engineering. He is originally from a suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota and is currently living in Siegfried Hall. Some of his passions include running, cross country skiing, and getting too worked up about Notre Dame and Minnesota sports teams.

Contact Nate