-

-

College to maintain masking policies for semester

| Thursday, November 4, 2021

Current masking protocols on Saint Mary’s campus will remain the same through the end of the semester, the College announced in an email Thursday afternoon.

Mona Bowe, co-chair of the COVID-19 response team, wrote in the email that she was pleased to report a total of only 32 positive cases as of Nov. 4.

“That said, we feel strongly that we have been able to maintain a low number of positive cases by protecting each other through existing measures, including our current masking protocols,” Bowe wrote.

The protocols require all students regardless of vaccination status to wear masks in the classroom. Vaccinated faculty are allowed to remove masks if “pedagogically it is best to teach without a mask.”

In addition, individuals not fully vaccinated are required to wear masks in all indoor spaces, along with all visitors and guests, regardless of vaccination status. The College encourages anyone to wear a mask when not required if they feel inclined.

“In situations when not required to mask, members of the community are encouraged to mask any time they prefer to do so,” the email read.

The update reminded students and faculty to complete the daily health survey and show up for screening testing when required to do so.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report