-

-

Saint Mary’s to require masks indoors

| Tuesday, November 30, 2021

In an email Tuesday morning from COVID Response Team Chair and executive director of retention strategy Mona Bowe, Saint Mary’s announced immediate changes to its masking policies.

“Effective immediately everyone on campus will be required to wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status,” Bowe said in the email to students. “This protocol includes employees and students in any indoor space, including but not limited to academic buildings, residence halls, all common areas, and Angela Athletic & Wellness Complex.”

This policy change is due to an increase in COVID-19 cases the school has seen in the past weeks, she said.

“We have seen a notable increase in COVID cases in our Saint Mary’s community, with 9 student and employee cases reported between last Thursday and today,” Bowe said.

Bowe noted that with only a couple of weeks left in the semester, the College is trying to avoid having students quarantined in the Mother Angela Care Center past finals weeks as they would not be able to travel home due to the quarantine or isolation period.

The email added that employees can remove masks when alone in private areas and students can remove their masks when they are in their rooms and no guests are present. Bowe also reminded students the visitor policy has not changed.

“The College will continue to welcome visitors to campus, asking that they honor the guidelines of Saint Mary’s and local health officials,” Bowe said.

Tags: , , , , ,

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report