Holy Cross SGA elections conclude with indeterminable winner

Holy Cross’s Student Government Association (SGA) elections held Thursday resulted in an indeterminable winner in the presidential and vice presidential races because of voter fraud in the election, dean and vice president for student life Andrew Polaniecki informed students in an email Friday.

“Unfortunately, due to voter fraud, we were not able to determine a winner for Student Body president/vice-president,” Polaniecki said in the email. “Therefore, another election will be held at a future date that is to be determined.”

While no president and vice-president winners were announced, the SGA senate race winners were announced in a Friday email by director of student activities Carolyn Kitz.

Polaniecki said more information about a new election date and “reminders for how to participate in voting” will come next week.

“Anyone still interested in running for the position of student body president/vice-president may still do so and should see Carolyn Kitz in the student activity office for an application early next week,” he said in the email.

Polaniecki concluded the email by acknowledging the importance of valuing fairness.

“It is good that we live in a country and attend an institution that values fairness and the importance of individual contributions to shared leadership and the upholding of the common good,” he said.