-

-

Saint Mary’s announces new vice president for student enrollment and engagement

| Friday, April 1, 2022

Saint Mary’s President Katie Conboy announced in a press release Thursday that Lori Johnson will assume the role of vice president for student enrollment and engagement at the College. The press release said the new position replaces and combines the current positions of vice president for enrollment and vice president for student affairs.

Courtesy of Saint Mary's College
Johnson will begin her term as the College’s vice president for enrollment and engagement on June 15.

“The goal is to create a seamless experience for undergraduate students, from the moment they learn about Saint Mary’s and apply, to their four-year campus experience, to their transition to post-college life,” Conboy said in the press release.

Johnson, who graduated from Saint Mary’s in 1991 with a degree in social work and currently works as associate vice president at Berklee College in Boston, will begin her term June 15. 

At Berklee, Johnson had “significant experience developing and leading initiatives involving enrollment, student retention, first-year experience, and scholarship program,” the press release said. Among her diverse experiences at the College, Johnson co-led the Black Scholars initiative, and helped increase retention among its participants.

Prior to Berklee, Johnson worked in administrations at Xavier University, Bryant University, Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s, where she worked as assistant director of first-year studies from 1993 to 2003. Along with her degree from Saint Mary’s, she earned a master of science in administration from Notre Dame in 2000.

In the press release, Conboy thanked Gloria Roldán Jenkins and Sarah Gallagher Dvorak, who served as interim vice president for student affairs and interim vice president for enrollment, respectively.

Jenkins’s “guidance through the two years of the COVID pandemic was invaluable,” Conboy said in the press release. Meanwhile, Conboy said Dvorak led the enrollment team during the pandemic to maintain “an institution ready to give [first-years and transfer students] a successful college experience.”

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report