Observer All-Commencement Teams

1652358624-62a3c0b957ed9e8-472x700

Observer Women's All-Commencement Team

Sammi Fisher, ND Women’s Soccer

Fisher led the Irish in both goals (13) and assists (6), earning all-ACC honors and getting drafted in the first round

Charley Niego, ND Volleyball

Niego led the Irish with 264 digs and 17 aces while averaging 3.02 kills per set, second on the team

Lauren Cernak, HCC Women’s Soccer

Cernak was named second-team all-CCAC for the second time after leading the Saints with 11 goals and adding eight assists

Kelly Straub, ND Swimming & Diving

Straub posted a pair of top-15 performances at NCAAs to earn Honorable Mention All-American in both the 1-meter and 3-meter

Dara Mabrey, ND Women’s Basketball

Led the Irish to the Sweet 16, averaging 10.3 points per game and finished second in the NCAA Tournament with 12 three-pointers

Bridget Kane, Saint Mary’s Lacrosse

A first-team all-MIAA selection, Kane led the Belles to a conference championship with 91 points (53 goals, 38 assists)

Gabe Diederich, ND Track & Field

Diederich set the Notre Dame javelin record twice this spring, with a top-three finish at every meet she competed in

Emma Clark, ND Softball

Clark hit .368 from the second spot in the order, making zero errors and stealing 12 bases

Sydney Hruskoci, Saint Mary’s Golf

Hruskoci led the Belles to another NCAA Tournament berth, winning the individual MIAA Tournament with a season-best 74 in her final round

Payton Tidd, ND Softball

Tidd is 15-4 with a 2.44 ERA with two saves, while also hitting .288 with four home runs 

Observer Men's All-Commencement Team

Jack Lynn, ND Men’s Soccer 

Lynn led the Irish in scoring with 10 goals and became a first-round MLS Draft pick

Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa, ND Football

Tagovailoa-Amosa recorded six tackles for loss, two sacks, 11 quarterback hits and a touchdown 

Mohamed Omar, ND Men’s Soccer

Another MLS first-round draft pick, Omar scored four goals including one in the Sweet 16, anchoring the Irish midfield during their College Cup run

Ryan Black, HCC Men’s Basketball

Black scored 14.1 points per game and shot 38% from three-point range to lead the Saints

Dane Goodwin, ND Men’s Basketball

Goodwin averaged 13.6 points and 4.7 rebounds per game while shooting 46% from beyond the arc to lead the Irish to the Round of 32

Matthew Galajda, ND Hockey

Galajda allowed just 1.9 goals per game, including just 1.0 per game in the NCAA Tournament, posting an 18-8 record in goal. 

Josh Bottelberghe, ND Swimming & Diving

Bottelberghe set program records in the 100 and 200 breaststroke and contributed to several record-breaking relays

Dylan Jacobs, ND XC, T&F

Jacobs joined the four-minute mile club, set the school record in the 10K and earned All-American status in cross country

Axel Nefve, ND Men’s Tennis

Nefve rose from unranked to #57 in the country while going 11-6 at No. 1 singles for Notre Dame in 2022

Carter Putz, ND Baseball

Putz is hitting .344 with 17 extra-base hits, both ranking second on the Irish roster while playing errorless defense at first base