Categories
Viewpoint

An update on our website

You may notice that this site looks different.

For the last month or so, we have been experiencing issues with our regular website. We worked on the bugs internally over the summer, but when our regular production resumed this fall and it was still not up and running, we contracted outside of our organization.

At The Observer, we pride ourselves on publishing daily content to the tri-campus community. While we were still able to resume our three-day-a-week printing schedule for the physical edition of the paper, we recognized that just having a physical paper wasn’t enough to continue to inform our national audience of parents, alumni and faculty.

Thus, we decided to create a temporary website, which you are currently visiting right now, with the same domain.

This site has its shortcomings. None of our previous thousands of articles are available here, and we don’t have the add-ons that make our regular site an enjoyable reading experience. However, we know that a temporary way to inform our readers and digitally publish the work of our staff is more important than no digital presence at all.

We have one more step in restoring our normal website and hope to have it running by the next time you’re visiting our site.

As always, you can pick up our print edition Monday, Wednesday and Friday across the tri-campus.

Thank you for your continued patience and support,

Alysa Guffey, Editor-in-Chief

Aidan O’Malley, Managing Editor

Maggie Eastland, Assistant Managing Editor

Mannion McGinley, Assistant Managing Editor

Genevieve Coleman, Assistant Managing Editor

3 replies on “An update on our website”

Bring back the Dillion Hall pep rally. It was always on Thursday evening featuring a few players, Asst coaches , a skit and maybe the head coach. Stopped by the last coach, the Dillion Hall pep rally had a long history. Still time to have one as it was held prior to the first home game.

The present website, though temporary, is clear, simple, and inviting. The news pieces and opinions are well-written as usual. Congratulations to you all from the desk of this ancient journalism major.