Alumni Association announces 2022 Domer Dozen cohort

The Notre Dame Alumni Association and its YoungND board announced the recipients of the 2022 Domer Dozen award Thursday.

According to the Alumni Association, the Domer Dozen honors 12 Notre Dame graduates each year, age 32 or younger, ”for excellence in their contributions in faith, service, learning or work — the core pillars of the association’s mission."

This year's Domer Dozen honorees were chosen by a selection committee that included University officials, Alumni Association staff and the YoungND board, which represents the Alumni Association’s young alumni affinity group.

The selection committee considered 134 nominees in the selection process this summer and evaluated them "based on a weighted ranking system and their contributions in their respective fields."

According to the Alumni Association, the alumni honored in this year's Domer Dozen are:

DeJorie Monroe, class of 2016, for "Promoting intercultural understanding and global human development;”

Kiley Adams, class of 2017, for "Ensuring equitable access to outdoor spaces and medical care for people with disabilities;”

Ana Kent, class of 2013, for "Implementing psychological expertise to solve economic inequality;”

Connor Toohill, class of 2014, for “Providing mental health and well-being resources through social entrepreneurship;”

Meehan Lenzen, class of 2011, for "Empowering young women in STEM through community-based service;”

Ashley Murphy, class of 2016, for “Pursuing social justice through public health research;”

Adam René P. Rosenbaum, class of 2016, for "Putting faith into action on behalf of the poor and marginalized;”

John Brahier, class of 2014, for "Innovating to educate both the minds and hearts of students;”

Capt. John Dean, class of 2017, for "Saving lives and protecting the nation in hostile environments;”

Daara Jalili, class of 2017 and M.Ed. class of 2019, for "Committing to servant-leadership in the community and classroom;”

Rev. David Smith, C.S.C., class of 2014 and M.Div. class of 2020, for "Serving the community through religious vocation;”

And Kristin Andrejko, class of 2019, for "Collaborating to eradicate disease through scholarship and community service.”

The 2022 Domer Dozen cohort will return to campus Sept. 9 and 10 for a special recognition weekend and an awards dinner with the YoungND board and Alumni Association staff members.

They will also be recognized that weekend at the football game against Marshall University and will give short talks about their life and experiences since graduation in the LaFortune Ballroom on Friday, Sept. 9 at 2 p.m. The talks, titled "Beyond the Dome: Inspiration from the 2022 Domer Dozen," are free and open to the public.