Belles finish sixth at Calvin Knight Invitational

The Saint Mary’s cross country team returned to action on Saturday morning, competing in the Calvin Knight Invitational.

The Belles finished in sixth place out of ten teams with 201 points. Hillsdale won the meet with just 32 points and Calvin (43 points), Grand Valley State (107 points), Depauw (107 points) and Kalamazoo (120 points) rounded out the top five teams. Hillsdale’s Liz Wamsley won the 6K race by over half a minute with a time of 21:27.2.

Leading the way for the Belles was junior Amanda Tracy, who finished in 31st place with a time of 24:39. 

The two through four runners for the Belles placed within six seconds of each other. Sophomore Susanna Bernovich led the pack, placing 48th with a time of 25:50. Freshman Isabelle Auch finished right behind Bernovich with a time of 25:51 in her first collegiate 6K race. Senior Angela Bannan was just behind Bernovich and Auch, finishing in 51st place with a time of 25:56. Senior Anna DeMars rounded out the scoring for the Belles, finishing in 58th place with a time of 26:16.

Senior Alexa Zeese was the sixth runner for the Belles, finishing in 61st place with a time of 26:32, which was more than a 50-second improvement from her time at the same race last season. Sophomore Brigid Hull finished several seconds behind Zeese with a time of 26:39, which was good for 64th place.

Freshman Carly Davis also competed for the Belles, finishing in 69th place with a time of 27:16. Fellow freshman Mary Weber was not far behind Davis, finishing in 74th place with a time of 27:25.

Seniors Julia Bobosky, Julia Crowley and Mikayla Trumbla also competed for the Belles, placing 78th, 81st and 85th, respectively. 

The Belles will be back in action this Friday when they compete at the National Catholic Invite on the Burke Golf Course at the University of Notre Dame.