I’ve had the same coffee order for seven years. Seven years. That’s one thing that will probably never change. It’s well-established in my daily routine, and I can be stubborn when it comes to my coffee. But what about the everyday elements of life that ebb and flow, move up and down, change left and right? I present to you: Ins and outs circa December 2022.
- Iced coffee: Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t drink a cold brew when it’s snowing outside.
- TikTok: Specifically journalism TikTok. Because if you’re going to scroll for hours, why not learn something while you’re at it.
- Thank-you notes.
- Asking questions: As Taylor said, “Can I ask you a question?”
- Bob Iger.
- Google Calendar: Bonus points for color-coding.
- Zip-a-dee-doo-dah: An interjection, meaning “an exclamation of happiness.”
- Florida: Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl, Purdue in the Citrus Bowl, 70 degree weather and Disney World? Count me in.
- The Muppets: I don’t know if you’ve caught on or not yet, but I’m kind of a Disney fan. Stream all Muppets movies on Disney+ and all award-winning albums on Spotify (or your streaming platform of choice).
- Christmas break: Four weeks, too!
- Journaling: After a semester of creative writing, I can confidently say that writing, no matter how unprofessionally done, can help tremendously with putting your thoughts into perspective. (Even ranting on a page.)
- Hats: Specifically warm hats. It’s more important to be toasty than look cute.
- Fantasy football: Dear Josh Jacobs, drafting you was the best decision I made this fall.
- Capricorn season.
- Complimenting your friends.
- Boots: If Converse can get me through a snowy Boston College game they can survive anything.
- Breakfast: It’s called brunch at this point.
- Digital print editions.
- White elephants: But, Secret Santa is in. It’s more fun to buy a gift for someone specific.
- Scooters: Here’s the background information.
- Shopping online.
- Class registration.
- Emojis in Instagram captions.
- Disney World slander: Disney World is fun as an adult — I promise. My email is at the end if you don’t believe me.
- Ticketmaster (and dynamic pricing).
- Doing laundry in a dorm: Ick.
- Staying up late: On a never-ending journey to go to bed before midnight.
- Thinking about the future: Being in the moment is in.
I hope, if anything, this humorous short list of ins and outs made you think — about what you like, what you don’t like, what bothers you, what brings a smile to your face and what makes you, you.
Until next time.
Contact Alysa at firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed in this Inside Column are those of the author and not necessarily those of The Observer.