University opens Fischer apartment-style housing to undergraduates

Beginning fall 2023, undergraduates will be able to live in a community at Fischer apartments, according to an email from the Office of Residential Life notifying select students Wednesday afternoon. The living arrangement is only available to sophomores, juniors and seniors.

1675388117-0dc21a7dd2d04ed-700x466
Courtesy of Matt Cashore/University of Notre Dame
The Fischer apartments on the northeast side of campus housed mostly graduate students in the 2021-2022 school year, with some undergraduate women living there as well. Each apartment unit houses two students.

The Fischer community is located on-campus near Johnson Family Hall and Bulla Lot. A total of 80 undergraduate students will have the opportunity to live in the apartment-style housing with private bedrooms, the email said. Two students will live in each apartment, which are compromised of single bedrooms with shared bathroom and kitchen space.

The new community is open to both male and female undergraduate students.

“This undergraduate residential community will feature many of the things distinctive to a Notre Dame residential experience — such as a Rector, Hall Staff, and formation in community — with the independent living of apartment-style housing,” the email said.

Students interested in living in the new community in the 2023-2024 school year can apply as an individual or a group through the Home Under the Dome website between Feb. 9 and Feb. 22.