Sunday, Sept. 22, 2024

College names 2020 valedictorians

Saint Mary’s announced three valedictorians for the class of 2020 in a Friday press release: Nicole Aggarwal, Sarah Hautzinger and Anna Bilse.

Aggarwal, a sociology and communication studies major with a minor in gender and women’s studies, was a Belles Connect leader and research assistant for the department of sociology and criminology. Aggarwal is from Ventura, California, and will pursue a doctorate in sociology at the University of Colorado, Boulder following graduation.

Hautzinger, from Crown Point, Indiana, is a sociology major with a concentration in criminology and a minor in psychology. On campus, she served as an ambassador in the admissions office, a pastoral music leader in campus ministry and president of Friends with Sisters, an organization that fosters friendships between students and Sisters of the Holy Cross. Hautzinger will be attending St. John’s University School of Law in Queens, New York.

Bilse is a biology major with a concentration in molecular/cell biology and a minor in dance from Munster, Indiana. She served as president of Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society, Big Belle Little Belle committee co-chair and a member of the Residence Hall Association’s events committee. Following graduation, Bilse will attend Elon University in North Carolina and pursue a master’s in physician assistant studies.