Sunday, Sept. 22, 2024

Registrar suspends student access to fall registration, delays new schedule availability

This post, originally published on June 10, was updated with a further announcement from the Office of the Registrar on Friday.

In a June 10 email to the Notre Dame student body, the Office of the Registrar announced it would be temporarily suspending students’ access to view registration and class schedules for the 2020 fall semester on InsideND. The temporary halt to registration access has been undertaken in order to adjust class meeting times per the safety and health precautions the University announced it would implement.

The email originally said students would be unable to view fall courses through June 26.

“Our aim is to have registration and schedules available for you to view fall classes starting Saturday, June 27,” the email said.

However, in an email to the campus community Friday, the Office of the Registrar said the updated schedules had been delayed.

“We had hoped to allow student access on Saturday, June 27, however, the very labor-intensive process will require several additional days,” the email said.

According to Friday’s email, the new schedules will now be available through InsideND starting Tuesday with classroom assignments following in the first few days of July.

Students will still be able to view and register for summer session courses despite this readjustment period.

The June 10 email also noted that some graduate and professional programs will operate differently and that students should consult their individual program for clarification on changes.