Sunday, Sept. 22, 2024

Saint Mary’s switches to ND Campus Dining, announces required meal plan for on-campus seniors

College President Katie Conboy announced that the University of Notre Dame’s Campus Dining team would be the new dining provider for Saint Mary’s in a Thursday email to the student body.

With this change in dining hall provider, all Saint Mary’s students will have access to all dining facilities across the tri-campus community.

“This ensures that all on-campus students have access to meals –– and the social activities that are meal-dependent –– regardless of which campus they call home and without added cost,” Conboy said.

In addition, the email said “flex points” will replace the College’s former system of “munch money” and will be expanded to be available for use at all Notre Dame retail locations.

According to the email, the College will provide all on-campus students with 15 weekly meal swipes and $250 in flex points per semester. This new meal plan will be the same cost as the previous plan.

“While these plan details and the partner providing them have changed, Saint Mary’s confirms no change in meal plan prices for the fall,” Conboy said.

Saint Mary’s seniors received an additional email from the College announcing the requirement of a full meal plan for all on-campus students during the 2020-2021 academic year to decrease exposure to outside food vendors.

In recognition of many seniors’ desire to skip the dining hall, the College will offer a new service, called Belles at Home, for seniors looking to cook in their housing unit.

“Our new dining providers have developed a best-in-class meal kit that may be substituted for a meal swipe,” the email said.

The email also said all seniors living in Opus Hall for the academic year will receive a 5% discount on room prices due to the cost of the required meal plan.

“This change will be seen on your fall billing statement and represents a financial investment in you, our students, in the midst of so many environmental changes around us,” the email said.