Saturday, Sept. 21, 2024

Holy Cross announces plans for pre-arrival COVID testing, return to campus

In an email to students Thursday afternoon, College vice president and dean of student life Andrew Polaniecki released testing and move-in policies for the upcoming semester.

According to the email, all students will be required to get a pre-arrival COVID-19 test seven to 10 days prior to their arrival to campus. Each student will receive an email to their school email with a lab order.

Exemptions will be made for approved students who have tested positive for the virus since Nov. 1 or received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Polaniecki also urged students to adhere to safety guidelines before they return to campus to prevent the spread of infection.

In addition to completing the COVID-19 test prior to returning to campus, we ask everyone to be particularly attentive to physical distancing and health behaviors in the two weeks prior to coming to campus,” he said. “Your efforts and the personal decisions about your activity that you make to limit the possibility of infection are extremely important for caring for the common good of our community.”

In addition, the email said daily health checks will resume for most students Jan. 29.

According to the email, residence halls will open to students Feb. 2 at 10 a.m. and meal plans will start the same day. Students can pick up their building and dorm room keys from their campus mailbox upon their return.

International students will be required to complete a period of quarantine.

Students flying internationally to return to campus will be asked to undergo a 4-day quarantine upon arrival and will receive a COVID-19 test on the fourth day,“ Polaniecki said. “Students flying internationally are approved to arrive as early as January 29 but must inform me of their particular arrival time and date.”