Saturday, Sept. 21, 2024

Saint Mary’s announces spring semester COVID-19 policies, adjusted quarantine length

Saint Mary’s students returning to campus for the spring will follow protocols similar to those of fall semester, interim vice president for student affairs Gloria Roldán Jenkins announced in a Thursday email.

All students attending classes on campus who are not determined exempt by Health and Counseling must provide a negative PCR test result before they are able to return, the email said. In addition, students will be required to complete their daily health surveys beginning Monday.

The daily COVID-19 dashboard will begin updating again Feb. 1, and surveillance testing will resume Feb. 8 for members of the Saint Mary’s community.

Residential students who are instructed to quarantine or isolate due to a COVID-19 exposure or infection will be housed in the Mother Angela Care Center. However, the College has adjusted the length of isolation period to fit instruction from the CDC and St. Joseph Health Department.

“Students who have been exposed to an infected individual will now be placed in quarantine, and if no symptoms appear, released after just 10 days (down from 14 days),” Jenkins said.

Noble Family Dining Hall will continue offering indoor dining with the safety features established in the fall. An outdoor tent with flooring, lighting and heating, will also house student dining, Jenkins said, and provide space for future student events.