Saturday, Sept. 21, 2024

Women’s Network comes to the Notre Dame campus

The Women’s Network, an organization dedicated to connecting young ambitious women nationally, recently joined the Notre Dame campus.

The network is a slightly new organization that started at Syracuse University and is making its way across colleges in the United States.

In 2017, Founder and President Jamie Vinick attended a lecture at her own university which inspired her but left her wondering why the subject of gender had never been addressed.

“There was a tremendous void in conversation, and we should be having conversations about topics like gender in the workplace, especially at this stage in our lives,” Vinick said.

Women’s Network aims to remedy gender bias issues by offering young women the opportunity to network in an environment that is non-competitive and inclusive to all backgrounds and majors.

But networking “is not collecting LinkedIn connections, or seeking someone once and then ending that relationship,” said Vinick.

The idea is that women on the Notre Dame campus will be able to advance their careers while cultivating true connections with other motivated women. For the average Notre Dame student, who is constantly in search of different ways to network, getting involved in the network would offer an opportunity to make meaningful connections in their professional realm.

The Women’s Network also seeks to ensure the women on the Notre Dame campus can also grow in their own individual character and ensure that they are holistically set for their future. 

The national network will host speaker events that Notre Dame students will be able to attend. In the past, speakers have been involved in a diverse array of industries, from medicine to business to journalism to show production. They are highly accredited in their respective fields.

Women across the Notre Dame campus interested in networking can get involved with the Women’s Network through the organization’s website. Students can also stay up to date by following the program’s Instagram pages at @thewomensnetwork_notredame or @thewomens.network.