Friday, Sept. 20, 2024

Saint Mary’s Campus announces closure in response to inclement weather

Saint Mary’s College announced a closure in response to inclement weather in an email from Interim VP of Students Affairs Gloria Jenkins. The campus will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 2 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. according to the Tuesday email.

Jenkins noted that class cancellation will be decided by faculty, and students are to check their emails to ensure they know what is expected.

“Faculty will be contacting students via email regarding plans for their specific class,” Jenkins said in the email.

As for the services available Wednesday, the email said all residence halls and dining services will remain open expect for Murphy’s Cafe. The Dining Hall and the 1844 Cafe plan to maintain normal hours.

Angela Athletic & Wellness Complex will maintain regular hours and HelpDesk IT support will remain available virtually. The Cushwa-Leighton Library building will also be open for student use, the email said.

Blinkie will not be operating Wednesday and Thursday but will return to normal operating hours on Friday, according to the email.

Timely Care will still be available 24/7 for virtual visits with medical and mental health providers, but the Health and Counseling Center will be closed Wednesday. If students have an appointment scheduled on Wednesday, the email said a member of the Health and Counseling Center team will contact students directly with more information.

Students were directed to call campus safety if they have a medical or mental health emergency.