Thursday, Sept. 19, 2024

Embark on a new adventure

Hello tri-campus community,

We are so excited to be back on campus with all of you. With the start of a new school year, we can’t help but reflect on how amazing these past three years have been. We are so excited to be back in The Bend: excited for new and old friendships, new classes and (for many of us) the football games!

Whether you are a freshman moving in for the first time or a senior moving in for the last time, we are sure you are feeling all of the feelings, from excitement to fear to nostalgia. We understand and have either been in your shoes before or are alongside you, going through the emotions of senior year.

Cherish these feelings, as they are a sure sign that you are embarking on a new adventure. The start of every new year school year is a new adventure. Don’t be afraid to take chances and try new things. You have a roadmap already with a class schedule, but really it is all the times in between when you get to actually embark on the adventure that is your life. You are in control. Join the club that none of your other friends are in. Say hi to the person in the dining hall or the person sitting to your left in class.

Never forget that life is what you make it. You have four incredibly short years here and whether you are a nervous first-year or an in-denial senior, you have to make this adventure your own.

As the student leaders of Saint Mary’s College, we are ready to welcome a new school year in the place that has quickly become our home. The Avenue is waiting to be walked down, the library is waiting to be studied in and Blinkie is warming up. As a member of the tri-campus community, Saint Mary’s welcomes all students, and we look forward to seeing our campus full of life.

The energy is high at Saint Mary’s, and we are excited to share that with the tri-campus community.

Go Belles! Go Irish! Go Saints!

Scarlet Peters

Saint Mary’s Student Body President

Hannah Kaczor

Saint Mary’s Student Body Vice President

Aug. 15