Thursday, Sept. 19, 2024

911 Lonestar Web Graphic.jpg

‘911: Lonestar’ set to release fifth season

It is no secret that the past four seasons of “911: Lonestar” have been successful and have driven the show to film a fifth season. 

About the show

From car crashes to cyberattacks, the “911,” spin-off “911 Lonestar” offers a different perspective on emergencies.

With the undeniable love and rocky relationship between police officer Carlos Reyes who is portrayed by Rafael L. Silva and firefighter/paramedic TK Strand who is portrayed by Ronen Rubinstein, the show always keeps us on our toes with an ever changing plot. 

Long time firefighter, 9/11 survivor and father Owen Strand, portrayed by Rob Lowe, stars as TK Strands’s father and fire captain in Austin, Texas after being asked to relocate from New York City to rebuild Firehouse 126 and create a new family. 

Along the way, we meet the new members of the firehouse and EMT team, Judd Ryder played by actor Jim Parrack, Marjan Marwani played by actress Natacha Karam, Paul Strickland played by Brian Michael Smith and Mateo Chavez played by Julian Works. The 126 EMTs that we meet throughout the show are Nancy Gillian portrayed by Brianna Baker, Timothy Rosewater portrayed Mark Elias, Michelle Blake portrayed by Liv Tyler, TK Strand portrayed by Ronen Rubinstein (joins the paramedic team in later seasons) and Tommy Vega who is portrayed by actress Gina Torres (joins the team in later seasons). In addition to this, we also meet the main 911 dispatcher and Judd’s wife Grace Ryder who is played by Sierra McClain. 

Recap of past seasons

Season 1: We first meet firefighters TK Strand and his father Owen Strand in the first scene of the first episode when they are on a call. They then move from New York to Texas to rebuild the 126 firehouse to call home.

Season 2: At the beginning of the season, Owen Strand welcomes new paramedic captain Tommy Vega, who is portrayed by Gina Torres. In season 2, we also meet stars from the original show “911”, starting with firefighters Evan Buckley portrayed by actor Oliver Stark, Eddie Díaz portrayed by Ryan Guzman and we also meet “911” paramedic Henrietta “Hen” Wilson portrayed by Aisha Hinds as the hills of Texas start to burn up. After saving a boy’s life in the field, TK makes a life changing decision during season two.

Season 3: After a breakup in Firehouse 126, Texas faces somewhat of a winter apocalypse. Additionally, Owen opens up to TK about ongoing health issues, causing a bit of a shake in their relationship. Behind the scenes, TK and Carlos are struggling in their relationship as well. In addition to this, we are introduced to Wyatt Harris played by Jackson Pace, Judd’s supposed son.

Season 4: As Owen dives head first into investigating a motorcycle gang, Marjan faces charges being brought against her. Carlos and TK carry drama of their own as Carlos mysteriously goes missing and TK has to find him. Finally at the end of Season 4, we get to see how strong Carlos and TK’s relationship has gotten in the finale.

What can we expect? 

Entertainment Weekly writes a few facts about what we as viewers and fans can expect for season five.  

The first thing to note is that we are losing Grace Ryder who is a main character in the first four seasons of the show. But, we do find out that she is to be replaced by Wyatt Harris. And with Grace’s absence, we learn that Judd will not be returning to the firehouse.

We also find out that Carlos has followed in his fathers footsteps in becoming a Texas Ranger. 

“911: Lonestar” premieres Sept. 23 at 8:00pm on Fox.