Monday, Sept. 23, 2024

Queer Eye Web

Bobby leaves ‘Queer Eye’ amongst drama

I was late to discover “Queer Eye.” I first watched the show when I finished “Young Royals” and it popped up in my recommended shows on Netflix. I decided to give it a try since I had not watched a lot of reality television shows. It quickly became one of my favorites, and I binged all eight seasons of it.

Run by five men known as the “Fab Five,” each has their own area of expertise. Jonathan Van Ness specializes in hair and body care, Karamo Brown in culture, Antoni Porowski in food and wine, Bobby Berk in interior design and Tan France in fashion. 

I feel like people are not heard when they need to be, so my favorite part of the show is when they take the time to listen — even if it does not apply to their area of expertise. I find it to be one of the most important parts of the show.

I also enjoy the audience learns life lessons and they add inspirational quotes during the transitions. This not only inspires the subject of the episode, but also whoever in the audience needs to see or hear it.

Benefitting myself, I've learned how to cook new foods from Antoni and learned fashion from watching Tan. Bobby has taught me a lot about interior design; Jonathan and Karamo have taught me a lot about culture, hair and how I can express my style and thoughts (and not consistently use DoorDash).

Recently, fans have learned that interior expert Bobby has left the “Fab Five” as they film season nine. I am so used to him doing the interior design, so this is going to feel different. (Have I mentioned that I am not a fan of change before?) At the same time, it is going to be interesting to see how the dynamic changes in the group, with a new person taking his place. 

According to Out Magazine, Jeremiah Brent as been announced as Bobby Berk’s replacement.

While I love everyone in the original “Fab Five,” Bobby was one of my favorite members of the group. I am interested to see how season nine is going to turn out with the new chemistry within the group.

On March 8, France addressed the situation.

“I just want to address one point real quick,” he said. “My former colleague getting fired had nothing to do with me trying to get my friend hired.”

Berk replied in an interview about his leaving. “They all decided to sign. And with only one of us not coming back, Netflix felt [it] could recast one person,” he said.

So to recap, France says that Berk was fired, while Berk says the opposite, insisting he simply did not sign back on for season nine. I personally do not know which side of the argument is true, but it is some drama, drama, drama!

As of right now, there is no release date of the new season, but I am excited to hear when they release the premiere date.