Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2024

2-15 article.jpg

Saint Mary's announces guaranteed admissions with ESTEEM

Saint Mary’s College announced Wednesday the newest partnership with the University of Notre Dame for guaranteed admissions via email. This new program will guarantee admission to Saint Mary’s graduates with specific bachelor’s degrees into the master’s program for Engineering, Science & Technology Entrepreneurship (ESTEEM)

“SMC students with degrees in STEM, ART and/or a minor in DPH are included in the program,” the statement from dean of Student Academic Services Karen Chambers read. Students must also fulfill the additional requirements supplemented in the Saint Mary’s to Notre Dame Accelerated Masters Programs criteria.

Any Saint Mary’s senior interested in the program must apply by the October 8 or December 3 deadlines in order to be considered eligible. Other class years are instructed to fill out an interest form for the department of Student Academic Services to add “tracking details” to the student’s profile in the degree progress tracker, Degree Works.

ESTEEM is an 11-month master’s program within the Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship department at Notre Dame. According to the email, the program is “100% experiential” and “offers a series of student experiences that, together with the cutting-edge curriculum, provide a hands-on, world-class learning experience.”

ESTEEM reports a graduation class of 52 students for the class of 2025 and 100% of the participants received some level of scholarship, with the average scholarship amount falling at $36,000. 

Chambers encourages any students with any questions about the program to contact the advising office at advising@saintmarys.edu.