Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2024

11112023, Dome, Main Building, Sofia CrimiVaroli, Website Photos-3.jpg

Alumni Association gives out awards

The University bestowed awards to three alumni this weekend during the Notre Dame Alumni Association board of directors meeting, according to a University news release. 

Admiral William J. Houston, a graduate of the class of 1990, was given the Rev. William Corby, C.S.C., award, which honors graduates for their military service. Houston has served as director of the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program since January.

J. Martin Regan Jr. received the Rev. John J. Cavanaugh, C.S.C., Award, given to alumni for their service in government, public service and politics. Regan received his undergraduate degree from Notre Dame in 1976. In addition to practicing law privately, he has served as senior staff attorney to the city of Memphis for over 30 years, where he focused on improving education in the region.

Finally, Kristin Komyatte Sheehan received the Harvey G. Foster award, which rewards athletes or former athletes for their contributions to the community or the University. Sheehan works to facilitate character development in youth sports through the Play Like a Champion Today Educational Series. She earned her master’s degree in psychology from Notre Dame in 1993 in addition to her bachelor’s degree in 1990.