Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2024

IMG_7075.jpeg

Belles strengthen conference grip with two Jamboree wins

Freshman Melanie Maier has the Belles well-positioned for postseason play after three MIAA Jamborees

This past week, the Saint Mary’s golf team finished first in their second and third Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Jamboree competitions. With three jamboree victories on the fall season, the Belles are on the inside track to top postseason seeding.

MIAA Jamboree #2

Hosted locally at the Elbel Golf Course in South Bend, the Belles took their first win of the week in the MIAA Jamboree #2 competition.

Freshman Melanie Maier led on the course for the Belles as she shot 75 (+3) and finished tied for second while also adding a birdie on the sixth hole. Junior Breana Harrington finished in fifth place after shooting a 76 (+4), senior Katelyn Tokarz finished her day in sixth place after shooting a 80 (+8) and sophomore Colleen Hand finished just inside the top 10 for the Belles as she carded an 81 (+9).

Senior Georgie Kersman and freshman Ella Notaro both secured top-30 finishes, tying for 28th place with scores of 87 (+15).

MIAA Jamboree #3

Building on their momentum, the Belles secured their third consecutive victory at Jamboree #3.

Maier continued to lead the Belles as she took first place in the competition, shooting a 73 (+1) that included three birdies throughout the course. Hand took second place for the Belles as she shot a 74 (+2), had two birdies and eagled at the eighth hole. Junior Julia Lizak finished inside the top five for the Belles as she took fifth place after carding a 78 (+6) and having three birdies of her own.

Harrington and Tokarz followed in the top 20 as they both finished in 15th place after carding 83’s (+11). Notaro was the last competitor for the Belles, finishing in 45th place after having a final score of 90 (+18).

The Belles finish out their fall season as they head to Angola, Indiana for their final Jamboree competition hosted by Trine University this Wednesday, Oct. 9.