Tim McGraw to perform at University for IDEA Week

Grammy-winning country musician Tim McGraw will hold a concert at Notre Dame’s Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center on April 13 at the end of IDEA Week, according to a Notre Dame press release published Wednesday. IDEA Week, which will be held from April 8 to April 13, celebrates entrepreneurship and innovation.

IDEA Week will be open to everyone and held both at Notre Dame and in the surrounding community. Last year was the first annual IDEA Week, and according to the release, more than 18,000 people attended at least one event. This year’s week will feature speakers, the McCloskey New Venture Competition and workshops. The McGraw concert is the first event to be announced.

According to the press release, the concert “is designed to bring people together.”

“IDEA Week is not a conference,” Bryan Ritchie, Notre Dame’s vice president and associate provost for innovation, said in the release. “We want to celebrate innovation and entrepreneurship and help people come together to produce what we call ‘productive collisions.’ Someone you meet at IDEA Week might be your next business partner, client or customer.”

In addition to selling more than 50 million records and setting 43 worldwide No. 1 singles, McGraw has won three Grammys, 16 Academy of Country Music Awards and three People’s Choice Awards, the release said. He has also been named BDS Radio’s Most Played Artist of the Decade and, since starting his career in 1992, has become the most-played country artist. He has also acted in the movies “Friday Night Lights” and “The Blind Side” and narrated “The Shack.”

The announcement of McGraw’s performance at Notre Dame comes on the heels of the first standalone concert in Notre Dame Stadium by country musician Garth Brooks, held Saturday. The more than 84,000 tickets to Brooks’ concert sold out within three hours, and CBS will air a taped version of the show titled “Garth: Live at Notre Dame!” on Dec. 20 at 8 p.m. EST.

Tickets for the McGraw concert, according to the release, will be available at a later date, but prices will range from $40 to $125. According to an email sent to Notre Dame students, 750 tickets will be available at $30 per ticket for students starting Nov. 14.

More information about IDEA Week and its events can be found at ideaweek.com