-

-

One Republic to perform at IDEA Week 2020

| Monday, November 25, 2019

The band One Republic will perform as part of IDEA Week 2020, the University announced in a Thursday press release. The Grammy Award nominated musical group will perform a concert at Notre Dame’s Purcell Pavilion on April 25.

Idea Week — which will run from April 19 to April 25, 2020, aims to foster innovation and entrepreneurship in the greater South Bend region. It is hosted annually by Notre Dame and “various community organizations and businesses,” the release said. The event features an entertainment component — the Chainsmokers performed at the Purcell Pavilion in 2018, followed by Tim McGraw in 2019. Comedian Jim Gaffigan and singer Scotty McCreery performed last year at other venues in the area.

Tickets for the concert will go on sale Wednesday. Tickets will cost $30 for students and between $50 and $149 for the general public.

The presence of outside entertainers is meant to foster a sense of collective creativity on the part of those participating in the week’s events, Bryan Ritchie — Notre Dame’s vice president and Cathy and John Martin associate provost for innovation — said in the release.

“Recent research has shown that some of the criteria necessary for creating an ecosystem of entrepreneurship and innovation, which is what we are trying to do with IDEA Week, are fun networking events and big, mainstream entertainment performances like OneRepublic,” Ritchie said in the release. “IDEA Week’s relatively uncommon model of mixing concerts and comedians with informative sessions and learning experiences helps fill this need by facilitating the interaction of people, ideas and resources.”

Other entertainment for the week will include an e-sports tournament, keynote speakers and “a major comedic act,” the release said. On the whole, the release said, IDEA Week consists of events including “meet-ups; workshops; technology experiences; and various social activities.” More events will be announced over the next five months.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report